Building Community Power April 19, 2021
Join us for a workshop on local boards and commissions, bringing government back to the people. Together we will build understanding of how commission service can be a strategy to promote a progressive agenda. In the workshop, participants will engage in skill building through a case study and small group activities.
At the end of the interactive training, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between equality and equity
- Explain the role of commissions in creating change at the local level
- Describe the commission appointment process
- Create a personal network map
- Identify the beginning stages of an accountability plan