The Richmond Progressive Alliance is seeking a contract administrative and communications assistant. This contract will start in early September 2023 and last for four months (until early January 2024), with the option to extend timeline, maximum hours, and maximum payment on mutual agreement.
The Richmond Progressive Alliance (RPA) has the explicit goal of taking political decision-making back from corporations and putting power in the hands of people. The RPA mobilizes people in support of progressive policies and candidates, often in alliance with other local groups
such as Richmond Our Power Coalition (ROPC), Lift Up Contra Costa (LUCC), California Nurses Association, Richmond Rainbow Pride.
● This role is an independent contractor position, billed at a rate of $40 per hour. The total hours may not exceed 450 during the contract term, and the total payment may not exceed $18,000. There are no benefits. This role has a flexible schedule with no mandatory work hours. Work can be performed remotely, although a work space is available in Richmond, CA.
● Contract worker will report to a designated Steering Committee (SC) member.
● Access and accommodations: Candidates must be able to type on a laptop for up to 25 hours/week. Software and hardware accommodations can be provided for visually impaired or physically disabled candidates.
Administrative Duties include:
● Maintain Nationbuilder database and provide data to members upon request
● Maintain RPA records via Google Drive and NationBuilder
● Provide administrative and technical support to Steering Committee Co-Chairs and project teams as needed. Support needs include meeting/event preparation, document creation, notetaking, manual upkeep, calendaring, meeting reminders, venue
reservation, sending voting forms to members, generating letters of support, etc.
● Support coordination of Action Teams and Committees as needed. Support needs include scheduling, notetaking, and general tech support.
Communications Duties include:
● Attend communications team meetings
● Update RPA website, social media channels, and Nationbuilder system with pre-written content
● Monitor RPA email - respond to basic inquiries or direct correspondence as needed
● Send email meeting reminders, zoom links, general meetings invites, etc.
● Distribute calls for content to members and teams
● Send out E-blast to members for upcoming meetings, endorsements, and other general member communications
● Successful completion of similar contracts
● English fluency and strong skills in verbal and written communication
● General computer skills such as experience using Zoom, Microsoft Office (Word,
PowerPoint, Excel) and/or Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
● Ability to complete listed duties (see above). Experience with all the above listed skills is not required, and orientation to RPA-specific systems will be provided.
● Experience with Nationbuilder (or comparable data management and communications systems)
● Experience with GoDaddy, Canva, Prezi, MailChimp, Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter
● Graphic Design experience
● Conversational Spanish skills
How to apply: Send CV and letter of interest to [email protected]
Deadline to apply: August 21, 2023. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.